- THE RACE CAR
- + 2011 01 28 _ WHAT'S THAT?!
- For his fourth anniversary, Thomas got a fantastic race car as a gift. It wasn't electric and modern, just one of those with pedals, a car that had a family tradition. That incredible toy with which he would go around the neighborhood streets was owned by his uncle, his dad, two cousins and his brother.
- During the next two days after the party, he wasn't able to go out with his splendid formula 1, because it was always raining. Anxious, he put on the helmet, got into the car, grabbed strongly the steering wheel, pressed the pedals and imagined himself running a race through a 4 blocks route, stopping in the neighborhood's boxes: the bakery, the supermarket and the pharmacy.
- On the third day, when he woke up, he went quickly to see if the sun had come out. Amazed of seeing shinny day, he asked her mother, Maria, if he could go with her to by the groceries driving his new toy. Half hour later they were in the streets. When they run into some neighbors, Thomas was called by the name of different famous racers. Absolutely happy and without knowing from whom were those names, he smiled to everyone.
- During the race, they stopped first at the pet-shop to buy food for the cat, then they went to the butcher's, and when they were next to the pharmacy, his mom ask him to be careful and slow down. At the beginning he obeyed, but when we realized that they were near their house, it was like he had never heard her.
- To make the most of the last minutes of fun, Thomas began to pedal at his highest speed: 4 miles per hour. Because of the speed, his fringe was almost flying with the wind. Worried, his mom asked him again to slow down, but when he reached the corner of the sidewalk, he crossed with an old woman who was carrying a shopping cart. Thomas, accidentally and without any reflex, beat her.
- He started crying immediately, but not because of being hurt. When he saw that the formula 1 had lost a wheel, he felt that the family tradition would end because of him. To calm him, his mom and the lady tried to explain that it would be easy to repair the car. But he continued crying, imagining his uncle's face, his cousins', his brother's, and his father's mainly.
Leer en Español
Ler em português
- About The Project
- What's That?!: Some things shouldn't be so normal.
- From real images of garbage in the street and stories or ironic comments, the objective of the project is to show things that people do and assume as normal, but shouldn’t be like that. The idea is to act like a mirror of attitudes we need to change, in order to improve our way of living.
- You can also follow the project at my Flickr.