- RAIN BAGS
- + 2011 06 22 _ WHAT'S THAT?!
- Charly could never wear rain boots. When he was 10 years old, his mother bought a pair so he didn't ruin his school shoes, but the day he used them, his ankles got so hurt that he needed to visit the doctor. In the matter of fact, he couldn’t wear any kind of boots, another time he tried some leather boots from his older brother, but the reaction was even worst.
- The thing was to find some alternative to take care of his shoes during rainy days. His mother didn’t know what to do, but he had an idea: cover his foot with supermarket bags.
- Today, with 37 years old, Charly continues using this basic resource, despite his
co-workers jokes, funny phrases he got used since high-school years.
- Every day he watches the weather channel, and if they announce rain, he prepares and put two bags in his briefcase. When he comes back from work, he wash and leave the bags drying to use them again until they get leaky, unless a strong wind takes them, as happened yesterday.
Leer en Español
Ler em português
- About The Project
- What's That?!: Some things shouldn't be so normal.
- From real images of garbage in the street and stories or ironic comments, the objective of the project is to show things that people do and assume as normal, but shouldn’t be like that. The idea is to act like a mirror of attitudes we need to change, in order to improve our way of living.
- You can also follow the project at my Flickr.